Day 9:Pontevedra to Caldas de Reis
Deparated Pontevededra at 8.05
We had about 1km to get back to the Camino. We joined at this fabulously wide foot bridge. There were great views in both directions with reflections in the very still water.
We stopped after the bridge for a quick breakfast and to wait for the sun to rise at 8.50.
The scenery was much the same with small holdings growing kiwi fruit and grapes etc. The road hugged near the N550 and a high speed railway line.
As we entered Caldas de Reis I realised that there was a large river in the centre so instead of stopping 1 mile out I thought a beer beside the river would be good along with lunch. It was really good.
We did our Landry in a washing machine at our accommodation and went to a laundrymat to tumble dry it. We met a couple there, she was ‘P’ from Columbia and he was Steve from Tennessee, the banter was brilliant!
CdP Total: 224.14Km (139.2M)
Remaining CdP: 43Km of 270km
Remaining CdP+CdF: 135km of 356km
9 done 2 days remaining to Santiago de Compostela.
























"STOP Complaining"! I liked that.
ReplyDelete